JAMB 2020 Registration Pre-Information – Official Price Procedures and Warnings
Before the commencement of JAMB UTME 2020 registration on 13th January, the board has just released more information about the procedure for registration. JAMB has Suspended Compulsory Use of NIN For 2020 UTME/DE Registration. However, ONLY ONE mobile number can be used by one candidate to register for the 2020 exam.
- One Cell (mobile) number (SIM) can be used by one candidate only. The Cell phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2019 Application, Examination/Admission. NOTE THE SIM-NUMBER USED. IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION
- Candidate sends his/her name [Surname First-Name Middle- Name (if any)] by text (SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to 55019 e.g Hamza Uche Bankole. Surname and first name are mandatory
- A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone (SIM) number
- Candidate presents the profile code to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form- ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidate
- Candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration
SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE/LOSS OF PROFILE CODE
- To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, send the [CORRECT Surname First-Name Middle-Name] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number
- To retrieve a lost Profile Code, send [RESEND] to 55019 as text message from the same mobile number
- Candidate can reset lost or forgotten Profile Password on their registered cell phone by sending [password] space [email address] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number
The PROFILE CODE is what will be required for you to purchase the 2020 UTME/DE registration e-pin.
The registration is set to commence today, 13th January. Candidates are advised to check the list of approved JAMB CBT centres to know the closest one to them for the purpose of registration and other JAMB related assistance. See 2020 List of Approved JAMB CBT Centres for 2020 UTME/DE Registration
1. JAMB has warned that you should not give your password to any person, not even JAMB.
2. Do not take register twice. This also means you should not take UTME and DE for the same year. If required, you will be able to upgrade your UTME to DE at no cost.
3. If there is an error during the registration process, only seek correction from JAMB.
4. UTME and DE registration close on the same date, and there will be no extension.
Official Price/Cost of JAMB for 2020 UTME are as follows;
UTME/DE form is N3,500
Reading text is N500
CBT service charge is N700
Ensure you only pay the above prices that have been approved by JAMB.
Once full information is released by JAMB to commence registration on 13th January, 2020, we will certainly update the above pre-information. Get Ready!