NECO GCE Registration 2020 announced
The National Examinations Council (NECO), hereby brings to the notice of the general public that below is the guideline of the 2020 Senior School Certificate Examination (Ext) and to also notifies that registration begins today 1st December 2020 and ends 22nd January 2021.
To prepare for NECO GCE Exam, candidates who intend to write this exam can adequately prepare for it using O’level/WAEC/NECO Past Questions.
2020 SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (SSCE) EXTERNAL REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
1. APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION:
Prospective candidates who wish to register for the 2020 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External, are hereby informed that registration for the examination has commenced. The registration s both online and online. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase registration token and then proceed to registration point to register.
- Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
REGISTRATION WEBSITE: www.neco.gov.ng
REGISTRATION FEE: The registration fee is Nine Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty (N9,850.00) Naira only plus Fifty (NS0.00) Naira Stamp Duty Charge.
MODE OF PAYMENT: Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
I. The registration period Begins on 1st December 2020 and ends on 22 January 2021 at 12.00 midnight.
ii. Late registration ie. registration done from 25 to 31st January 2021 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (NI,000) only.
iii. Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AND EXAMINATION TIME TABLE:
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
a) The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
b) An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
c) A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
d) A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
e) A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
VISUALLY IMPAIRED CANDIDATES:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
AVAILABLE SUBJECTS FOR THE EXAMINATION:
Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
Literature in English
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for a correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
- Candidates or cyber cafe operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng For instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
- Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates
- Candidates should check the viability of their centres online at least a day before the date of the examination
- Smoking Use of GSM phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.